The future is here and the future will disrupt the world as we know it! What does that mean for you and your business? And how do you respond?
What am I talking about? Well if you haven’t yet heard technology is changing at an exponential rate (in the past we had incremental change of say 10% a year, we are now looking at 10x the amount of change). See how our lives will change in 20 years. Here are some of the exponential changes happening & links for you to see some of the huge disruptions coming our way (at pace);
- Energy is changing from fossil fuel to other cheaper alternatives which will have a significant impact on the cost of living and cost of everything. Let Bill Gates explain what he & his mates (worth $170 billion) are up to in t
- Virtual reality is getting rid of the screen & coming straight to you via glasses/ contact lenses. See a whale appear in a school hall! Allegedly we will all soon have glasses which can “transport” us to other realities or “play with” our spreadsheets in the air in front of us.
- Machine Learning & Big Data is another area that is rapidly advancing in fact just last year Google’s computer Alphago beat the best human at the ancient Chinese game “Go”, this was a decade before scientist have thought is possible as it is an intuitive game rather than purely rule based.
Computers (such as IBM’s Watson) are taking the masses of data available (big data) & making unbiased, logical conclusions around medicine, law & science. Could this signal the end of the Professional careers as we currently know them?
- 3D Printers will be in our homes next to the microwave in the not too distant future too! They don’t take spares to space anymore but print them and 3D printers start to build factories of the future. Imagine the world where you print what you need and what that means to production plants?
- And many more changes are upon us… if you have the time watch this fascinating presentation around some more exponential technology coming our way soon & changing the ways of the world.
So how do we respond to all this change coming at us with pace?
- Quite simply the first step is “Know what is out there & how it could impact you and your business” – don’t believe me? Ask some Kodak or Blockbuster – oh, that’s right you can’t – they don’t exist today. So be more alert, read more & find out what’s going on.
- Leverage from Technology – don’t just make your paper form an electronic but rather ensure it pulls in the relevant data or interfaces with other information. Look into simplifying your business through the help of technology, for example in bookkeeping you could try SMEasy or Xero Accounting Software.
- Know your strengths and those around you to better work together in adapting to the requirements of a changing world. A session in Insights may help you?
- Make time to play/ experiment & find out what you are passionate about because then we start asking the right questions like, “What problem do you solve?” and “What do I want to be?” like 15-Yr-Old Jack Andraka who invented a Cancer Test 10X More Sensitive & 26,000X Cheaper than Current Tests. Maybe a Coaching session would help?